Play a leading role in helping Shropshire to address climate change and restore nature – Become a Trustee of the charity Shropshire Climate Action.
The Shropshire Climate Action charity (known as Zero Carbon Shropshire – ZCS) brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals based in Shropshire. Our shared aim is to fix the climate and ecological emergencies, achieving a net-zero carbon footprint for Shropshire by 2030 (the Zero Carbon Shropshire plan).
Formed in 2020, we are working as an open and inclusive partnership. We are developing and implementing practical actions with widespread support from local people and organisations. We are ambitious, focussed and open to all.
The Charity is now seeking additional people from across the county to join our Board of Trustees. We are looking for people with a passion for the environment who care deeply about the future of our county. Applications are welcomed from all people who live, work or study locally. Whether you are an experienced Trustee or wishing to take your first steps in running a charity, we want to hear from you.
As a Trustee, you will have opportunities to:
- Influence and shape the future direction of environmental action in Shropshire
- Learn more about climate and the natural environment from a network of talented experts, professionals an organisations
- Represent your local community and help it make the changes needed
We are looking for candidates that can help us:
- Engage local people and organisations in support of our aims
- Obtain the funding and resources we need to deliver our ZCS plan
- Build an effective and sustainable charitable organisation
As a Trustee you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to our strategy
- Ensuring effective governance of the charity
- Supporting our management team, staff and volunteers in delivering the ZCS plan
Being a trustee is a voluntary activity, but any expenses incurred will be reimbursed. It is expected that Trustees will spend at least one day per month supporting the charity, attending a minimum of four Trustee meetings per year.
To apply, please provide a letter of application answering the following questions:
- Why do you want to apply for this role?
- What can you bring to the role?
- What are your ideas for developing our charity?
Please include the names and contact details of two referees (for example a past employer, someone who holds a public role, a professional, a community leader).
Please note that while we will interview and recommend new Trustees, the final appointments require ratification by the ZCS community. For more information on the role of Trustees and on our future plans, see:
- Charity Commission Guidance for Trustees
- The Zero Carbon Shropshire Plan
- Our Governance Overview
- Our Business Plan
- Person Specification
- Our Articles of Association
If you have any queries, please contact: [email protected]
Become a Trustee of the charity Shropshire Climate Action...
Send applications to: [email protected]
Deadline for applications: 9th January 2022
Interviews: w/c 17th and 24th January 2022